My studio up-date on the “Barriers” series will be short this week. I completed the top to the first shutter panel, looked pretty good – but as I was thinking about where my hand quilting would go, I thought that the piece needed more dimension. So I tried making each “shutter slat” as a separate component that would look something like this:
So, I will cut more fabrics, stitch, and see how this new concept plays out! As this will be a slow process to come up with enough slats for another panel, I decided to take a short break and work on “teacher” masks.
Below are a few of them that are complete;
So how many schools will be in session this Fall – at this point who knows! Hats go off, (while the masks stay on) to the parents, teachers, guardians, students, and administrators that are living and working in a new normal of a teaching and learning environment.