Our home is located to the south of the Old Store on Chaplin Street, and “was built sometime between 1828, when Isaac Goodell bought an acre and 17 rods from Luther Ripley for $125 and 1835, when Isaac sold the same land “with dwelling house and merchant store and shed” to his brother, Walter Goodell, for $2500. Our house is one of the best examples of Greek Revival architecture on Chaplin Street and is a good example of the transition from Federal to Greek architectural style in New England villages. The sidelights and oval attic window are typical of the Federal Style, while the free-standing fluted Doric columns, which support a portico, are typical of Greek Revival architecture.” (Historic Homes of Chaplin Village by Johanne Philbrick, pg. 11) At the end of the Chaplin village is the local cemetery, which has many wonderful gravestones that remind us of our history. Here is one of those stones ready for Memorial Day 2015.