For me, the purpose of having a blog is to invite people into your world, offer something unique and to nurture a deeper connection to you and your artwork. Do have a favorite blog? If you were to share one thing about that blog, what would it be? Witty, intelligent, informative, thought provoking or maybe it’s just a break in your daily routine. Feel free to email your thoughts to me email@example.com. Thanks for reading. Now it is time for a break, and maybe go back to a monthly post . . . but who knows!
If you missed BLOG POST #49 here is the link: Posted on December 28, 2020 Catherine Whall Smith – admires snow falling down, how about YOU!
NOTE: Where my fiber art will be shown in 2021. I am always hopeful.
UP-DATE: 2021 – Mystic Museum of Art, Mystic CT. January 29th – March 20th.– Members & Elected Artists Exhibition Virtual Show includes “Cutting Hay” by CWSmith. https://www.mysticmuseumofart.org/members-past-and-present-virtual-exhibition/present/.
- 2021 – Fairfield University Bookstore, Fairfield, CT – January 5, 2021 – January 31st, 2021.”Local Color #4″ – Ten pieces were curated into this show. Artists: Kathy Baglioni, Christina Blais, Carol Capozzoli, Rita Hannafin, Evelyn Knight, Cathey LaBonte, Lura Lugo, Susan Ober, Phyllis Small, and Catherine Smith.
- 2021 – Mattatuck – MIXMASTER 2021 Juried Members Exhibition – “Cows Got Milk and Plasma” was juried into this show. Show Dates: Sunday, January 17 – Sunday, February 21, 2021. Reception & Awards: Sunday, January 17, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Location: Post University Downtown, 140 Bank St, Waterbury, CT 06702 https://www.mattmuseum.org/exhibitions/mixmaster/ Juror’s Selection Prize: Catherine Smith, Cows Got Milk and Plasma.
- 2021 – New England Quilt Museum, Lowell Mass. –“Edges” – January 9th, – March 27th, 2021; “Hay . .Keep Your Distance at the EDGE of the Hay Field #4” was juried into this SAQA MA/RI Regional Exhibit. https://www.neqm.org/edges-details .
- NEW – 2021 – 77th Annual CT Artists Juried Exhibition – All media show on view January 31 – March 12, 2021, “Herd Immunity” and “Figure Ground Study #2/Rte. 66” by CWSmith have been juried into this exhibit. The 2021 Juror is Kenneth E. Silver, Professor of Art History at NYU. Silver’s research interests include Modern and Contemporary art, design, and culture. Opening Reception Sunday, January 31 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
- 2021 – Highfield Hall, Falmouth, MA. – April 7th – June 5th, 2021. “Hay . . . Keep Your Distance at the EDGE of the Hay Field #4” by CWSmith was juried into this SAQA MA/RI Regional Exhibit.
- 2021 – Quilt National 2021 – Athens, Ohio, Exhibition Dates: May 28 – September 6, 2021. https://dairybarn.org/quilt-national/ – “Transfusion in TWO PARTS” by CWSmith was juried into this show.
World-Wide#: 82,843,750 infected; 1,807,866 deaths United States of America#: 19,745,888 infected; deaths: 342,414 Stay Safe Wishes to You . . . Smith Stitch Studio!